Understanding Interpersonal Intelligence
The ability to understand, communicate with, interact with, and influence others.
People with a strong Interpersonal Intelligence have an aptitude for effectively interacting and dealing with others. They are essentially a people person. They bond and interact easily with others and can relate to others in a variety of ways. They can easily perceive the thoughts, feelings, motivations, and behaviors of others, have a knack for communicating with others, and can strike up a conversation or make friendships very easily. They are often called on when friends or family want to share their problems with someone and need a good listener and adviser and can easily adapt to new social and physical environments, as well as respond well to feedback from others. They can easily participate in team and collaborative efforts and have an ability to influence opinions and actions of others.
Characteristics of Interpersonal Intelligence
People with strong Interpersonal Intelligence are inclined to:
- Listen carefully to others
- Start conversations with strangers easily
- Have a large circle of friends
- Make introductions between people
- Influence others easily
- Think largely in terms of other people
- Understand people's motivations
- Be the center of attention in conversations and social gatherings
Traits of Interpersonal Intelligence
- Listening to others
- Being with others
- Talking to others
- Inquiring from others
- Bringing others out
Famous People with High Interpersonal Intelligence
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (political leader)
- Oprah Winfrey (TV talk-show host)
- Joan Rivers (comedian)
- Larry King (TV and radio host)
- Nelson Mandela (President and politician)
Careers that correspond
School teacher, nurse, telemarketing executive, support engineer, life insurance salesperson, actor.
Hobbies that correspond
Board game, acting, boating, learning a foreign language.