Understanding Naturalistic Intelligence
The ability to tune into nature (e.g., plants, animals or wildlife), or natural life sciences (biological, chemical, physical, etc.).
People with strong Naturalistic Intelligence have an aptitude for connecting with nature, plants, animals, the environment, etc. They have a natural tendency to classify and discriminate among elements in a complex system, and have the ability to categorize and recognize individual examples as belonging to a group. They have an interest in nature and natural phenomena, and can map and chart relationships. They enjoy spending time in the lap of Mother Nature, among trees, plants, animals, birds, mountains and rivers and the sea. They are easily disturbed when people pollute the environment, as they greatly relish and appreciate the wonderful gifts nature has given the world.
Characteristics of Naturalistic Intelligence
People with strong Naturalistic Intelligence are inclined to:
- Enjoy spending time outdoors
- Connect strongly with plants and animals
- Distinguish between different species of living beings
- Reuse and recycle old or waste materials
- Surround themselves with plants or greenery
- Use natural or organic products
Traits of Naturalistic Intelligence
- Connecting with animals
- Connecting with the environment
- Connecting with plants
- Connecting with physical sciences
- Connecting with life sciences
- Observing living systems
- Classifying species and phenomena
Famous People with high Naturalistic Intelligence
- Charles Darwin (scientist)
- Steve Irwin (wildlife explorer)
- Al Gore (Nobel Peace Prize winner and environmental activist)
- Ellen DeGeneres (Talk show host and animal rights activist)
- Dominique Browning (environmental journalist)
Careers that correspond
Biologist; geneticist; veterinarian, farmer, rancher; lab sciences, naturalist; botanist.
Hobbies that correspond
Gardening, bird watching, body building, landscaping.